Monday 28 May 2012

Rich Pickings

Was shocked this morning, to discover that David Cameron is worth a paltry £4 million. How the Prime Minister of our nation is expected to rub along on such a paltry sum, heaven only knows. I think I might take up a collection on his behalf. The big surprise for me was that the Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg is worth an eye watering £2 million. Clearly I have been adressing my begging letters to the wrong person.
I nearly entered politics myself at the last election, but decided that the game wasn't worth a candle, when I found out just how miserly the parliamentary expenses allowances are. I abandoned the idea when I realised that I couldn't claim back the employments costs of my 2nd pastry chef. If a fellow can't have a biscuit when he wants to, there is no point in bothering with public service. No wonder Baroness Warsi has got herself into such a mess. She should have claimed that her main residence was her sisters back bedroom, like Jacqui Smith did.

No comments:

Post a Comment