Monday 11 June 2012

Art for arts sake

To the Hayward gallery this morning as I was told that there is a new exhibition that I really should attend. I've never been an admirer of this 1960's brutalist architecture, but ever one to contemplate fine art, I put aside my prejudices about the building and resolved to go. The admission charge was £8, which was a bit steep when one considers that the National Gallery is free, but for a few hours entertainment, was not wholly unreasonable.
The exhibition was called Invisible Art, but I am afraid that I couldn't see anything in it. Room after room was empty. I thought that they hadn't yet got around to hanging up the art, but no, this was it, finished.
If Ralph Rugoff thinks that this any way to run an art gallery, then he is a bigger fool than I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment